top of page

Register now for 2023 Philadelphia Area Fling




The 2023 Philadelphia Area Fling Tour promises to be an outstanding event with the private garden visits you know and love about the annual tour. There will be ample time to socialize in the intimate gardens throughout the day while our eyes and cameras feast on the horticultural richness from the region's best gardens.


Philadelphia-Area Fling in Pennsylvania

September 21-24, 2023

Organizer: Karl Gercens, Conservatory Manager at Longwood Gardens


Registration is open now, and space is very limited. Successful registration will be approved only for those with an active blog or social media presence (including podcasts, YouTube channel, Instagram, & TikTok) about gardening or horticulture for the past 6 months. You may not purchase tickets for others, and The Fling tour is only for active social media participants. Feel free to bring your spouse, friends, or partner along for the days prior to or following The Fling tour.


To access the registration page, send an email to k@karlgercens.com with the following information:

  • SUBJECT: 2023 Philadelphia Area Fling

  • NAME:

  • SOCIAL MEDIA LINK: (must be public)

  • CONTACT PHONE: for secondary communication only

Once this is received, give about a week for the registration link to be back in your inbox. Remember that the link can't be shared, and you can only register yourself.


Here's more info about our exciting and jam-packed itinerary!


Thursday begins at noon at Longwood Gardens with a peek at the new West Conservatory (nearing completion), the production greenhouses full of Japanese exhibition-style chrysanthemums in full bloom, and, finally, a soiree including food, drinks, and an illuminated fountain show at the end of the day.


To get here, buses will pick up at Philadelphia International airport hotel on Thursday (exact time TBD) to transfer you and your bags to Longwood Gardens and, later that evening, to The Fling hotel, where you can unpack for the rest of the tour. Those not flying in or arriving by the designated pickup time can drive directly to Longwood Gardens or arrange a rideshare or taxi at your expense.


Friday starts with several incredible private garden visits, including Charles Cresson's Hedgleigh Springs, Wayne Guymon's WynEden, David Culp's Brandywine Cottage, and John Lonsdale's Edgewood Gardens. We'll end with a gala at Chanticleer on Friday evening, including food, drinks, music, and plenty of time to stroll and chat in the gardens. Buses will depart The Fling hotel and return.


Saturday takes us to Andrew Bunting's Belvidere and Michael Bowell's Create A Scene, with a stop at Terrain. Saturday night's banquet (including a raffle!) will be at Stoneleigh. Buses will depart The Fling hotel and return.


Sunday will be another great day of sharing in the gardens as we're heading to Bucks County and Jenny Rose Carey's Northview Gardens, Bruce Gangawer's Paxson Hill Farm, Fordhook Farm, and Barbara Tiffany's Mill Fleurs. We'll stop at Peddler's Village for lunch and a taste of some local food and shopping in a garden setting. (Note: The order of gardens is subject to change, so stay tuned for the final listing coming soon.) Buses will depart The Fling hotel and return.


You'll be stuffed with flowers and food from all of these places in America's Garden Capital! Arrive to the region early and stay afterwards to enjoy the 30+ public gardens within 30 miles of Philadelphia! Bus transportation is included for the Thursday-Sunday portion, and details about the Fling hotel will be coming soon.


The $295 registration fee comes with the following cancellation policy:

  • Up to 90 days before The Fling starts = 95% refund (the remaining 5% will cover our nonrefundable payment processing and ticketing fees)

  • 89-60 days = 50% refund

  • 59-30 days = 25% refund

  • Fewer than 30 days = No refund

A link to The Fling hotel will be sent out in time for The Fling's block of rooms to be reserved. September pricing at the hotel is not set as of this writing.


If you have questions or would like to become a sponsor of this fantastic event, please email organizer Karl Gercens at k@karlgercens.com.



コメント


bottom of page